When: Starts at 5pm Friday, January 29th, 2016
What: 48 hours of game making fun (ends 5pm Sunday)
Why: To bring out the game developer in everyone!
Who: Anyone with an interest in making games, especially if you have some programming, art, audio, or game design skills.
To Participate, Please Do The Following:
- Visit Global Game Jam
- Click the "Join this Site" Button
- Create an account if you haven't already registered
- (Optional) Like our Facebook Page and Spread the Word!
- (Optional) Tweet about the event! #fivecollegegjj
Schedule of Events
|4pm Friday||Attendees begin to arrive|
|5pm Friday||Jam officially starts! Keynote video and reveal secret theme|
|6pm Friday||Idea Generation and Brainstorming|
|7pm Friday||Game Pitches and Team Formation|
|1pm Sunday||Playtest Session for All Games|
|4:30pm Sunday||Upload Final Games|
|5pm Sunday||Final Demos|
Frequently Asked Questsions
Q: Do I need a team to participate?
A: No! In fact forming teams prior to the event is discouraged. Teams will be formed during the game jam.
Q: Do I need skills to participate?
A: It's best if you have some skills in either art, programming, audio, or game design, but everyone is welcome.
Q: What if I already have a game idea?
A: You can make any game you want, but the Global Game Jam has a secret theme that is announced at 5pm Friday. It's often a fun and rewarding design challenge to consider the theme.
Q: What if I want to make a board game instead of a digital game?
A: Non-digital games are perfectly acceptable. We'll have some supplies available.
Q: Do I need to register on globalgamejam.org to participate?
A: Yes! Everyone must register, and registration is free:
List Hampshire College as your Jam Site
Q: What if my question isn't answered here?
Before the End of the Jam, Please do the Following
- Upload your final game to the Global Game Jam site.
- Please complete this final survey.
- Game Jam Resources (courtesy of Global Game Jam)
- Hampshire IP Policy (draft)
If you have any questions, please email us
- Spring 2015, Hampshire College, 24 hours
- Fall 2014, Hampshire College, 5 hours
- Spring 2014, Mount Holyoke College, 24 Hours
- Fall 2013, Hampshire College, 24 hours